Each type has two wings, with one usually being stronger than the other. Those wings will be the numbers immediately adjacent to the dominant type. For example, as a Four, my wing will either be a 3 or 5. I cannot be a Four wing Nine, as much as I want to be and as strong as my Nine tendencies are. (I definitely told a few people I was a Four wing Nine until I understood wings. *facepalm* )
That being said, I am most definitely a Four wing Five, if you haven’t guessed from the title of this post. I lean towards the intellectual and withdrawn.
I have borrowed the following information on 4w5s from the EnneaApp. Check it out. I’ll italicize that which resonates
- Drive for expression of unique self leads to a quest of mental analysis
- Is pleased to be different from the “ordinary;” self-interest is dominant
- Get lost in fantasy that appears real; comfortable with life’s dark side
- Elitist and eccentric; defiant of convention; can push the edge of sanity
- More introverted; not quite as interested in image/acceptance as 4w3
Being a Four wing Five means I get to enjoy not being so concerned with image. I prefer to dress for comfort and genuine self-expression (not trying to be or please someone else).
While I am happy to be different from “ordinary,” I have learned to embrace some sameness. There is a time and place to express my little quirks, and there are perfectly acceptable times and places to adapt to my surroundings.
I could talk more, but I am also learning to limit the analysis. I’d be happy to talk more in the comments.
If you are a 4w5, I’d love to know if you relate to any of this, and what your experience is! Feel free to ask questions related to the post as well.